Pages

Purchase my Recipes!

Support independent publishing: Buy this e-book on Lulu.

Friday, January 10, 2014

Spring Start-up!


Over my winter break I used a lot of my time to reflect on things. I was able to spend time with my family in Indiana, finish up my early collge classes for that semester, and continue to live my healthy lifestyle by working out with friends every morning and eating clean! Now it is time to get back to work and I am planning big things to do while continuing to finish my year as Miss Teen Captivating. Some of the things I have been working on recently include leading a middle school girls group called "More Girls". I get to teach these girls about what to expect through their teen years, and how to stay motivated and live a healty lifestyle. The last meeting was held on Dec. 20th right before the holiday break. I am planning to start up a whole new chapter for my Spring More Girls. I would love to grow the More Girls groups to other states with Captivating titleholders. My inspiration for More Girls came from Kristen Dalton's (former Miss USA 2009) blog called, She Is More. She speaks so positively about helping other women to do and be anything they want. Here is a picture taken from a our last More Girl Meeting.
I also got the amazing opportunity to intern with Josie Willis, a high fashion Columbus designer. She designed my gown to compete for Miss Ohio Teen USA. I am really looking into being a Fashion Design Major. I was accepted into the Savannah College of Art and Design, which has been a dream college for me since elementary school. Here is a photo of one of my times as an intern.
I hope to captivate many more through my next 6 months as Miss Teen Captivating 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment